Attendance Plan 2021-2022
Your child's attendance is critical to their academic, social, and physical success. Our students are recognized for perfect attendance as well as being on time.
Chronic Absences, Lateness, Early Pick Ups 2020-2021
We strongly encourage you to have your children in school each and every day. We also encourage you to have them here on time. In addition, we do not encourage you to take them home before the end of the school day. Losing instruction time will impact their learning.
Arrival and Dismissal
Evacuation Information 2021-2022
In case of an emergency, our evacuation plan is in place. You will receive a hard copy of our plan in September. Updated letters are forthcoming.
Photo Media Consent Forms
We like to share the great news of the many wonderful events that are held at our school. Our local community paper, The Chronicle, and CSA News, the administrators newsletter, have been very kind to us as they are very willing to share our news! We cannot do this if we do not have the below forms on file for our students. We encourage each of our students to return theirs to their teacher immediately as we will be taking photos and sharing children's work with all! Thank you.
The Importance of Being on Time
Our school day starts at 8:00 a.m. and we encourage all to arrive at that time. Our doors will open at 8:00 a.m. and all students are expected to arrive on time.
To eliminate the rush and crowd at the main entrance, all doors will remain open until 8:10 a.m. Students arriving after that time will enter through the main entrance and are considered late.
Beginning in January 2022, all students arriving after 8:10 a.m. will receive a late pass which they will use to clock in to record their arrival time. These late passes will be kept for further reference if the need should arise.
We ask you for your support in helping us maintain a safe environment for school community members and thank you in advance.
Cell Phone Policy
Dear Parents and Guardians:
After consultation with the School Safety Team, School Leadership Team, and the Cabinet Team, we have agreed on the Cell Phone Policy as outlined below.
- Phones should NOT be seen or heard in school. This includes timers, alarms and any other noises. If a student’s device is seen or heard it will be confiscated.
- If a device is confiscated, the school will contact the child’s parent/guardian. The device will be returned ONLY to the child’s parent/guardian who will have to come to the main office to sign for its return.
- Use of electronic devices outside of school on the immediate perimeter will be allowed with the exception of crossing streets due to safety reasons.
- Phones are NOT permitted on school field trips.
- P.S. 97, Q / The Forest Park School and the DOE are not responsible for lost or damaged electronic devices. These items are brought to school at your own risk.
- Students will not be permitted to use electronic devices during lunch, recess, or any other period during the day.
- Electronic devices may not be turned on or used during fire drills or other emergency preparedness exercises.
- Electronic devices may not be used in bathrooms.
We remind students that these devices often invite the attention of individuals with the desire to steal them when displayed in public places to and from school. Students must be aware of their surroundings and keep these devices in their bags.
Please review this information and be sure that you are familiar with these guidelines.