COVID 19 GUIDANCE FOR 2022 - 2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Welcome to our COVID 19 Guidance page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 97Q is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Please visit Update for Families letter
to find the most current updates from Chancellor David Banks.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Hand-washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents who are not vaccinated will not have access to the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site to find a test site closest to you.